At Dr. Jim Kelly Dentistry, our dentist and team have taken on a holistic approach to our dental care. We are fully dedicated to our patients, and we want to help you live a happy, healthy life by caring for your smile. Science has shown that your wellbeing is influenced by your oral health. Dr. Jim Kelly uses advanced technology and personalized treatments to ensure that you receive proper and effective treatments that increase your oral and overall health. We invite you to contact us at 602-954-1901 to schedule your appointment and let us take care of your wellbeing and oral health in Phoenix, Arizona.
It is often said that your mouth is the mirror to your overall health and wellbeing. Well, it’s true. Over many years, scientists and doctors have studied and proved how your oral health can affect the rest of your health. At our practice, our emphasis is you, and we want to help you maintain a high quality of life by maintaining high oral health. Our dentist listens to your concerns and always provides personalized treatment plans, taking both your oral and overall health into consideration.
Keeping your mouth clean can help the rest of your body fight off infection and disease. However, letting go of your oral health can lead to several serious health problems, including the following:
- Endocarditis: This infection of the inner heart lining can occur when bacteria from other parts of the body, such as the mouth, travel to damaged parts of your heart through the bloodstream.
- Cardiovascular Disease: Science has shown that oral infections and inflammation from bacteria may be linked to causing strokes, heart disease, and clogged arteries.
- Pregnancy and Birth Problems: Periodontal disease, or gum disease, is often linked to low birth weight or premature birth.
- Diabetes: Because diabetics have a weaker immune system, their gums are at a higher risk of developing infections or disease. Those with diabetes have been shown to have more severe and frequent cases of periodontal disease.
- Osteoporosis: Periodontal disease can lead to the loss of teeth or jawbone. This oral bone loss may be linked to causing other bones to become weak and brittle.
There are many other health issues that have been linked to oral health. At our practice, our goal is to help you prevent any oral or overall health problems that could be avoided by proper oral hygiene habits and preventive treatments. Some simple and important dental hygiene practices are:
- Brush twice a day with fluoride toothpaste
- Floss daily
- Replace your toothbrush every 3-4 months
- Eat a healthy diet and limit snack between meals
- Regularly visit the dentist for cleanings and checkups
- Avoid tobacco
By implementing these simple practices, you are well on your way to achieving excellent oral health. Our team is happy to answer any questions and provide any necessary treatment to keep you and your smile healthy for life. We invite you to call or visit our office to learn more about how your wellbeing is affected by your oral health.